Important details about Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019, including number of vacancies, eligibility criteria, selection method, application process and important dates, are given below:
UPSC has made some major changes in the CSAT (Civil Services examination) as per the current notification. These changes are very important for the candidates of EWS group appearing for the Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
Important Details About Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
A friendly info by www.goijobs.com
- Application mode: Online
- Total Vacancies : 896
- Board/Company : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Job Location : All India
- Post Name: Civil Services
- Job Category/ Department : Various department like – IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS and others
Important Dates For Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
- Application Begin: 19-02-2019
- Last Date Of Online Application: 18-03-2019
- Last Date for Fee Payment (by cash): 17-03-2019
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online): 18-03-2019
- Date of Civil Service (Pre) Exam: 02-06-2019
Eligibility ForCivil Services exam (IAS) 2019
- Age Limit (as on 01-08-2019)
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 32 Years
- Age Relaxation: As per govt rules.
- Education Qualification: Graduate
- Nationality: Indian
- Eligibility Criteria-
- Exam pattern
How To Apply For Civil Service (Prelims) Exam
- Application Process: Interested and eligible candidates may apply online through UPSC application link
Selection Process Of UPSC PRE EXAM 2019
- Selection Process: Selection of candidates will be made on the basis on pre & Main exam test and final personal interview
- Detailed syllabus: Click here
Important Links To Apply For Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
- Download Official Notification : Notification
- Official website of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) : Click Here.
- Apply Online: Part 1 & Part 2
- Other Notifications you may want to check:
Limited capacity of UPSC centres
The candidates will be allotted with the centres on the basis of ‘first-apply-first-allot’ basis and once the seat at one centre is full, no other candidate will be allotted to that centre. It is adviced to apply earliest to get preferred centre.
Vacancies for normal candidates
- The number of vacancies for a normal candidate will be 857, and for IAS, there will be 180 vacancies as recommended by the Baswan Committee.
No attempt relaxation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS) despite of reservation.
- There is no relaxation provided to the aspirants belonging to the EWS category. The EWS category aspirants will only have six attempts if they belong to the general category.
Reservation for Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- The recent decision of Central Government of India to provide reservation to the Economically Weaker Section (EWS) of the society will also be incorporated in the Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
- The number of the EWS reserved seats will be around 89 out of which 18 could be of IAS. The final number of vacancies and the reserved seats will be published with the results.
- Reservation will be made for candidates from ST, SC, and OBC.
Important things to know for Civil Services exam (IAS) 2019
This year, the UPSC has notified 896 vacancies in the UPSC IAS Notification 2019, which includes 39 vacancies reserved for people with 40 per cent of any disabilities recognised under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016:
- 8 vacancies for candidates of blindness and low vision
- 11 vacancies for deaf and hard of hearing
- 15 vacancies for locomotors disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
- 5 vacancies for multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses including deaf-blindness
- The final number of vacancies might get changed after getting an exact number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
-: Success comes to those who strive for it. I’m sure you’ll be successful one day. Good luck! :-
See you soon with your success story. www.goijobs.com